Tuesday, December 1, 2015
In This Issue
Holiday Hiring: 5 Ways to Stay on Track
It's that time of year again. The time of year when company parties are in full swing as everyone prepares to celebrate the holidays. But just because the office is gearing down for the next few weeks and hiring itself may be a little slower, doesn't mean your recruiting efforts should suffer.
Although this may not mean new recruits will be on-boarded by the end of the year, there is no better time for a thoughtful analysis of your hiring practices and developing your hiring plan for 2016.
A recent article on Recruiting.com gives five very important recruiting actions you should focus on during the holidays.
- Assess your efforts from the past year: With more employees out of the office and a quieter environment, this is the perfect time to take a look back over the past 11 months and see what worked and what didn't.
- Forecast your talent needs for 2016: You can also use this time to utilize any hiring metrics you have to forecast your future recruiting needs.
- Upgrade your employment brand: The article points out that "when employers choose to apply a marketing approach to their recruiting, they usually find it's easier to maintain a full pipeline of talent." One way to do this is to take this time to consider whether veterans make a good fit for your company and begin researching branding yourself as an Employer of Choice for Military Talent through a program like Orion's Military Talent Program™.
- Update your job descriptions: Job descriptions are one of the main ways candidates decide if they're a fit for the job, but they can easily become stale. This is a great time to review descriptions for open positions and freshen them up. If you're interested in attracting veterans, you can even incorporate specific keywords that will coincide with their military occupations.
- Make goals for the New Year: This last step is really about combining all you've learned from the first four items, and coming up with an actionable plan for 2016.
Need some help with some of these steps? An Orion Military Talent Program™ delivers talented military candidates while incorporating Brand Marketing, Training, and Consulting, to ensure the best possible results. Our Military Talent Programs address all phases of the hiring process from sourcing, candidate attraction and recruiting, through on-boarding, integration, and retention, and can put you on track for a productive 2016.
Upcoming Hiring Conferences
Orion Military Hiring Conferences - Interview Junior Military Officers, Noncommissioned Officers and Enlisted Technicians Recruited for your Hiring Needs
An Orion Hiring Conference is your chance to interview the best military job seekers, selected specifically for your open positions. You will be presented with prescreened, qualified and suitably matched veterans that are interested in your available opportunities. Click on the dates below to learn more about our upcoming hiring conferences.
According to Our Clients
"This Distinguished Candidate Conference was very well organized and made things easy on my end. I got to focus on what's important-the candidate-and not the set up details. Orion helped me find two candidates that were perfect for the job in a very short period of time. Nice work. I hope to work with you in the future." - Tom Frazer, Area Director, Globus Medical
Meet Our Candidates
The battle for talent in the workplace can be fierce. It doesn't have to be if you know where to look. Below is a preview of actual Orion International candidates and the valuable skills and experience they possess.
Army Officer with a PMP Certification View Resume
Logistics Officer with a Master's in Management and Leadership View Resume
USNA Graduate View Resume
Air Force Avionics Technician View Resume
Navy Electrician with an Electronics Engineering Technology Degree View Resume
Marine Corps Aviation Electrician View Resume
Refer a Colleague to Hire Military Talent
Is your company or that of a friend or colleague in need of military talent? For every referral you provide, you will be automatically entered into our monthly drawing for a $50 gift card. Even better, if your referral results in a hire, you will personally receive a $100 gift card as our way of saying thank you. As always, we will maintain your privacy and never share your information nor that of your referral.
Happy Holidays from Orion International
Connect with Orion
Did you know that there are several ways to connect with Orion and learn how veterans impact the civilian workforce?