Upcoming Interviews: Interviews will be held on 05/08/2017 - 05/09/2017 in Jacksonville, FL
Position ID: #EB-9198629607
Date Posted: 4/14/2017 12:10:26 PM
Location: St. Francisville, LA
As a Control Room Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the activities of the control room staff and building operators on the appointed shift through all conditions of startup, shutdown power generation, and emergency.
• Assuming the responsibilities and authorities of the Shift Manager in the control room should the Shift Manager not be present during transient or accident conditions.
• Installing jumpers and lifted leads in accordance with the applicable EOPs in the absence of I & C personnel.
• Being thoroughly familiar with and adhering to the conditions and limitations of the station operating license, technical specifications, operating procedures, and all other applicable regulations.
• Being thoroughly familiar with routine operating data, reports, and logs that are required to be maintained and ensuring their completion by the end of the shift; reviewing and evaluating the data to assure safe operation.
• Evaluating lineup deviations which are greater than 6 months.
• Determining the circumstances, analyzing the cause and recommending to the Shift Manager that station operation can proceed safely before the reactor is returned to power following a plant trip or an unscheduled or unexplained power reduction.
• Being present for the assigned shift in the control room or on tour within the plant if relieved by the Shift Manager.
• Believing and responding to instrument indications unless proven to be incorrect.
• Assisting the Shift Manager in planning, coordinating, and improving all facets of plant operations.
• Maintaining a Senior Reactor Operator License.
• Informing the Shift Manager of any abnormal conditions or changes to plant status and ensuring initiation corrective actions.
• Performing the role of Senior Reactor Operator for core alts.
• Assisting the Shift Manager in completing performance evaluations of assigned personnel.
• Reducing reactor power or shutting down the reactor when the safety of the reactor is in jeopardy or when operating parameters exceed reactor protection set points and automatic shutdown does not occur.
• Recommending changes in plant procedures, personnel, operation, and equipment status to maximize plant and personnel efficiency.
• Interfacing with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of station activities.
• Communicating technical information, concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Serving as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.
Location: St. Francisville, LA
Salary: $94K+, depending on experience
Benefits: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package
• Must be licensed as a Senior Reactor Operator or meet these requirements for initial license.
• Must have technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
• BS Degree in Engineering or Sciences generally associated with nuclear power plant operations is highly desired but not required if NUREG 1021 and ACAD 00-003 are met.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the nuclear operations field.
• Must have proficiency with current computer business applications.
• Must have outstanding communication and conflict management skills.