Date Posted: 4/18/2017 11:48:47 AM
Location: Des Moines, IA
Industry: High Tech
As a Field Service Technician, you will directly report to the Regional Field Service Manager and be responsible for all onsite installation, troubleshooting, testing, problem solving, maintenance, service and repair of company equipment (conveyor belts, can crushers/shredders, optical scanners, computer networks, etc.). Additional responsibilities will include:
• Applying knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to operational condition.
• Installing new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
• Performing all mechanical, electric, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
• Analyzing, evaluating, and diagnosing equipment problems independently.
• Conducting customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system.
• Servicing and maintaining installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits.
• Managing and controlling tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
• Preparing and submitting applicable field service documentation.
• Performing on-call, standby duty and travel as needed.
• Providing instructing/training of customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
Location: Des Moines, IA
Salary: $18-$20/hr, plus OT paid after 40 hours weekly and on weekends; bonus structure payouts based on individual, business, and company performance and profits; paid travel time; company van, cell phone, laptop, etc.
Travel: You will be based at and work out of your home and expected to travel regionally (in a company-provided van) from job site to job site (most of which are within about a 100-mile radius of your house). Overnight travel is only required on occasion, primarily when you are augmenting field support in other territories as required. You will be home most nights and on weekends.
Benefits: Our client offers an unmatched, complete benefits package with comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, training programs, and education/tuition assistance, and much more.
• Must have very strong electronic troubleshooting experience with a solid mechanical inclination and be able to work independently and autonomously.
• Must have outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, and excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate good problem solving skills on electronic systems, basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, ladder logic-controlled circuits and computer applications.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.